Requirements and Leasing
Thank you for your interest in one of Keyrenter Property Management North Houston’s Properties. Please review the following information prior to applying.
Keyrenter is an equal opportunity housing provider and adheres to Fair Housing Laws. Keyrenter does not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, marital status, source of income, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class under applicable federal, state, and/or local law.
KEYRENTER NORTH HOUSTON RENTAL CRITERIA
All adults 18 years of age or older who will reside at the Property must complete, sign, and pay for a separate application. Applications will not be considered complete nor reviewed until every Applicant 18 years of age or older who will be living at the Property has completed, signed, and paid for a separate application.
All Applicants must provide a valid government-issued photo identification. All Applicants must also provide a valid Social Security Number, Alien Number, or I-94 for verification purposes. Non-U.S. Citizens must be able to provide documentation from U.S. Immigration to verify legal residency in the United States as of the effective date of the lease agreement.
All applicants must provide proof of income. An applicant may be denied if the combined gross monthly income of all persons living at the Property is less than 3 times the monthly rental rate of the Property. Applicants that do not meet the above income requirement may be given the option to pay multiple months of rent in advance, to pay a higher security deposit, or a combination thereof.
Any of the following may be requested to verify Applicant’s income:
• Copies of the last two consecutive payroll check stubs
• Copies of the last three consecutive bank/financial statements
• Previous W-2 or 1099. Self-employed Applicants must provide previous two years.
• Proof of child and/or spousal support payments
• Proof of social security income, disability income, or other government income
• Proof of retirement income
• Proof of trust fund income
• Current offer letter for new employment
• Financial aid and/or scholarship documentation
• Housing vouchers. Income requirement will apply to the household’s share of the monthly rent.
• Any other legal, verifiable source of income paid directly to the Applicant or representative of the Applicant
Credit status will be checked via the appropriate Credit Bureau. A credit score less than 600 may result in denial. Any bankruptcy must have been discharged at least 6 months prior to the date of application, otherwise the application may be denied. More than 50% of accounts showing as delinquent and/or in collections/judgment (medical debt and student loans excluded) may result in denial. If allowed by applicable law, Keyrenter may make an exception to the above Credit Requirements upon Applicant providing a higher security deposit, a Co-Signer to the Lease that meets all credit requirements, a higher monthly rental rate, or a combination thereof. If the application is denied due to credit requirements, Keyrenter will provide the Applicant with the name, address, and telephone number of the consumer reporting agencies which provided the Applicant’s consumer information.
The previous two years of rental or residency history is required. The credit report and other sources of rental history will be checked to verify resident and rental history information. Applicants must provide the address and dates of tenancy for the previous two years, along with the respective Landlord’s phone number and/or email address. An application will most likely be denied if there are any previous evictions on record, defaults in lease agreements, multiple non-sufficient funds, multiple late rental payments, or outstanding balances owed to another Landlord. Keyrenter reserves the right to deny an application if, after making a good faith effort, Keyrenter is unable to verify the Applicant’s rental history. Satisfied or dismissed evictions may be considered with proper documentation. If the Applicant owned, rather than rented, their previous home, the Applicant may be required to furnish mortgage company references and proof of title ownership or transfer.
Applicants will be asked to disclose any prior convictions, or pending criminal actions. A thorough criminal background check will be conducted. Failure to disclose is grounds for denial. Pending criminal actions will not, in themselves, be grounds for denial but may be factors used along with other criteria in the application review. Convictions of any sort will be evaluated on an individualized basis. Keyrenter will consider the nature of the crime and the severity of the crime, along with how much time has passed since the criminal activity and the release from any imprisonment, parole, or probation that resulted from the criminal activity. Persons who are listed on any sex offender list will most likely be denied. Applicants with convictions relating to crimes involving violence, gang activity, arson, or injury to persons will most likely be denied. Applicants who have been recently released from prison, parole, or probation may be required to provide additional information and/or references.
Keyrenter follows city and county guidelines and regulations. Please check with the city and/or county for any occupancy restrictions.
The option for a Co-Signer may be offered only to Applicants that do not satisfy the Income Requirements, Credit Requirements, and/or Rental/Residency History. Co-Signers must complete, sign, and pay for a separate application for the Property. Co-Signers are subject to the same Rental Criteria, background checks, and verification as described above. Co-Signers must provide proof of income equivalent to 3.0 times the monthly rent of the Property. If the application is approved, the Co-Signer must sign the rental agreement as if they are moving into the rental. Co-Signers will be held responsible for the Lease and any other costs incurred on the Lease, such as damages should the occupying Tenant(s) default. Keyrenter reserves the right to not offer the option for a Co-Signer.
Check each available Property for specific pet policies. Pets may be denied if they do not receive a positive reference from the previous Landlord regarding the pet’s behavior, if the pet is not spayed or neutered, and/or if a complete veterinary medical history (including immunizations and sterilization) of the pet is not provided. An additional pet deposit, monthly pet fee, one-time pet fee, or combination thereof will be required. Where applicable, restricted breeds will result in denial. If a pet is a registered service animal, proper documentation must be provided at the time the application is received. If a pet is considered an emotional support animal, a doctor’s note from a licensed medical professional that is considered capable to deem such animal as an emotional support animal will be required at the time the application is received. Such doctor’s note deeming an animal an emotional support animal must state that the Applicant has a medical condition that can be alleviated with such emotional support animal.
An initial deposit will be required within 24 hours upon approval of the application. The minimum deposit amount is listed within each listing for each available Property. Keyrenter reserves the right to increase the required deposit in instances when an application does not meet Income Requirements or Credit Requirements, when there is a negative or lack of Rental/Residency History, when there is one or more pet on the application, or a combination thereof.
MISCELLANIOUS APPLICATION INFORMATION:
• There is a fee of $40.00 (USD) per Applicant. The application is not considered complete until this fee is received.
• Application fees are non-refundable, even if the Applicant is denied tenancy.
• A text or email notification may be sent acknowledging the beginning of the processing of the application. Processing will not begin until the Application is deemed complete.
• All Applicants are judged on the same Rental Criteria. It is the Applicant’s responsibility to review the Rental Criteria and to provide Keyrenter with the necessary evidential documentation and/or contact information to verify the information provided in the Application. Keyrenter reserves the right to decline an application for incomplete or untruthful information or documentation. Keyrenter also reserves the right to decline an application for the Applicant’s delay in providing Keyrenter with information and/or documentation needed to verify the Application.
• The questionnaire that follows takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Keyrenter recommends that the Applicant double-checks the information they provide to ensure there is no delay with processing the application for residency.
• For questions or concerns regarding an application, please contact Keyrenter at 720-739-3000 and ask to speak to a Leasing Associate.
I have been so impressed with not only the quality of service, but the punctual service and communication skills that I have seen through Keyrenter. I would absolutely recommend using Keyrenter.
Kimber C, Satisfied Client
Keyrenter is very organized. I have had several problems with my condo, and Keyrenter has been on top of everything. I can’t say enough good things about the company.
Steve S. , Satisfied Client
I'm absolutely delighted with how easy Keyrenter made everything for me. From start to getting a renter into my house, it's all been convenient and simple. Great company, great service, great people!
Lorrie M., Satisfied Client
I've been a tenant with Keyrenter for the past 5 years. They have always been prompt in dealing with issues I've raised up and in responding to my requests for repairs and maintenance.
Tadd D., Satisfied Tenant